1. Do not believe in miracles--rely on them
2. Experiments must be reproducible-- they should fail the same way.
3. Always verify your witchcraft.
4. First draw your curves--then plot your readings
5. Be sure to obtain meteorological information before leaving on vacation.
6. A record of data is useful--it indicates that you've been working.
7. Experience is directly proportional to equipment ruined.
8. To study a subject best--understand it thoroughly before you start.
9. In case of doubt--make it sound convincing.