Finagle's Rules for Scientific Research:
1. Do not believe in miracles--rely on them.
2. Experiments must be reproducible--they should fail the same
3. Always verify your witchcraft.
4. First draw your curves--then plot your readings.
5. Be sure to obtain meteorological information before leaving
6. A record of data is useful--it indicates that you've been
7. Experience is directly proportional to equipment ruined.
8. To study a subject best--understand it thoroughly before you
9. In case of doubt, make it sound convincing.
Finagle's Laws of Information:
1. The information you have is not what you want.
2. The information you want is not what you need.